For our most up-to-date hours, visit our Get Food page.
The Berkeley Food Network provides an essential service and will continue to operate during this time of growing need. We are working hard to ensure that everyone in our community who needs it has consistent and safe access to food. Throughout 2022 we have continued to serve bags of healthy groceries, providing food to 6,500 individuals a week.
9th Street Pantry Hours and Updates:
Please note we have new hours in 2023! The 9th Street Pantry is open to all Albany and Berkeley residents in need of food. Pantry visitors can select their own groceries in a COVID-19-safe setting. We are located at 1925 9th St., Berkeley. Please enter from the parking lot side of the building. Street Parking Only,
Revised Pantry Hours- New for 2023
Tuesday & Thursday: 11am – 3pm, 5pm – 7pm
Saturday: 10am – 12noon
Office & Warehouse Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
*Please note that we will be closed on the following dates:
- Monday, January 16, 2023, for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Monday, February 20, 2023, for Presidents’ Day
- Friday, March 31, 2023, for Cesar Chavez Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023, for Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19, 2023, for Juneteenth National Independence Day
- July 1-5, 2023, for Independence Day holiday
- Saturday, August 26 – Monday, September 4, 2023, for staff break/Labor Day holiday
- Monday, October 9, 2023, for Indigenous People’s Day
- Friday, November 10, 2023, for Veterans’ Day
- November 22 – 26, 2023, for Thanksgiving
- December 23, 2023 – January 1, 2024, for Winter Holidays (re-opening January 2, 2024)
Public Neighborhood Pantry Hours
Berkeley Technology Academy Pantry
The neighborhood pantry at the Berkeley Technology Academy remains open to serve the South Berkeley area.
Location: 2701 Martin Luther King Jr Way (at Derby)
Hours: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month, 2:30 – 4pm
Albany High School Pantry
The neighborhood pantry at Albany High School remains open to serve the Albany area.
Location: 603 Key Route Boulevard, in the Cafeteria
Hours: 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, 1:30 – 2:30 pm
West Berkeley Family Wellness Center Pantry
The neighborhood pantry at West Berkeley Family Wellness Center remains open to serve the West Berkeley area.
Location: 1900 6th Street (at Hearst)
Hours: 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, 1:30 – 3:30 pm
South Berkeley Senior Center
The pantry at South Berkeley Senior Center is open to the public. Street parking only.
Location: 2939 Ellis St, Berkeley, CA 94703
Hours: 2nd Mondays of the month, 2-3:30 pm
Berkeley High School Pantry
The neighborhood pantry at Berkeley High School remains open to serve the Central Berkeley area.
Location: 2200 block of MLK (at Bancroft), at the gate between the athletic fields and Building G
Hours: 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, 4:00 – 5:00 pm
Berkeley Adult School Pantry
The neighborhood pantry at Berkeley Adult School is now open to the public, serving the North Berkeley area.
Location: 1701 San Pablo Avenue (btw Virginia & Francisco), at the Main Entrance
Hours: Every 2nd Wednesday of the month, 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
COVID-19 Policies / Updates
We are practicing World Health Organization (WHO)-advised measures to ensure the health and safety of all our program participants, volunteers, and staff by:
- Requiring staff and volunteers to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms and stay home if they are ill.
- Serving pantry visitors outdoors when and where possible.
- Mandating regular hand washing.
- Disinfecting all surfaces on a regular schedule.
- Keeping all touching to a minimum.
Please check this page regularly for updates.